Military spouses, we are pretty much used to the idea that we won’t ever live near our best friend, right? And when it comes to being apart – it’s the only long distance relationship we could possibly tolerate in our lives.
Luckily, with modern technology at hand, it pretty much nullifies the whole out of sight out of mind issue. Not feeling like you are navigating through life alone, there is a sense of comfort for you.
So what happens when your best friend lives far away?
10 Things That Happen When Your Best Friend Lives Far Away
1. You talk every single day. If you’re not talking – you’re texting, Skyping, and on Facebook tagging each other. Minimizing the physical distance by making up for it in mental distance.
2. Your BFF always knows more about what’s happening in your life. Because of the distance, you make it up by telling each other every small detail – everything on your mind is instantly shared.
3. If you live in different time zones, your watch is always set to their time zone. This makes planning your phone and Skype dates easier without having to do the math.
4. They are always the first and last person you text in the day and before bed.
5. They are the only person who you can ask, “Is it too early to start drinking?” and know they will not judge you. You can literally say and mean that it’s 5 o’clock somewhere.
6. You make plans to see each other in advance and find any excuse to travel. Of course you plan your dinners out carefully as well as what you will be doing while away.
7. You have a hard time trying new things without your BFF, because it feels like cheating. It just doesn’t feel right without them by your side.
8. Eating pizza is never fun. You need your pizza eating partner.
9. If you run out of something to talk about, you just rehash old memories. You laugh until your stomach hurts and are then reminded of why you need them by your side.
10. When you finally do see each other in person, it’s as if time stood still. Distance? What is distance?