We all look forward to the summertime, a time where the days are spent outdoors and nights are set aside for BBQ’s. If you are looking for some different summertime ideas that will make this summer stand out above the rest, here are 7 Activities for a Spectacular Summer:
- If you live near the beach but tend not to go (I’ve been guilty of that), go! Even if it’s just for the day, and you have to deal with parking or crowds – a nice change of scenery will help you, and your mind. Doing something different is a GOOD thing!
- Go to a museum. I know what you are thinking, it’s the summer and you want to be outside. Yes! But this is particularly a great idea on rainy or very hot days. A nice change of pace, especially for the kids is always great!
- Do you have a drive-in theater in your town or do they show open-air movies? Pack up your goodies, chair, and anything else and enjoy the outdoors while the sun is not out.
- Have you ever been a tourist in your own town? I have, especially when visitors are around. Take an adventure in one of those hop-on/hop-off buses, you never know what you may find!
- Check out your local zoo. The zoo is a fun way to enjoy your day. You can bring your lunch, walk and relax being outdoors.
- Take a bike ride. Not only will you incorporate some exercise, but it will get you out of the house and enjoy the outdoors. This is one activity where you could also incorporate touring a neighboring town!
- Can’t beat the heat? Stay indoors, invite a few friends over and have a game night. Don’t have any games or looking for something new? No problem, download the app “Heads Up” and enjoy an impromptu night of charades.
How do you like to change up the summertime -have some ideas of your own? Add them to the comments below!