Father’s Day can be tricky in our house. For the last several Father’s Days, while the hubby has received the obligatory happy Fathers Day card, he has been picking out his own gifts. Guys say we’re hard to buy for, but unless they collect something, I really think they are hard to shop for. I mean, I get the general idea behind power tools, but how do you decide which leaf blower to get? You could always go with the always original “tie” for the big day, but it’s been done. So, I decided to bequeath the knowledge that I’ve gained over the last fourteen years on some pretty amazing, and unique, gift ideas for the Hero in your life.
1. Stormproof Butane lighters. This is a must-have in hubby’s life. Not only is it good for work-related deployments and travel, he takes this camping and backpacking with him. He loves this thing! Finding a lockable one, and one that can light even when wet are good tips ladies.
2. Danner Boots – I don’t know about you, but I think sometimes boots that are issued aren’t all that great. So hubby actually asked fo, and received for his birthday one year, super, “suped up” Danner boots. Best brand out there in his opinion.
3. Fisher Space Pen – We love the space pen, and have actually been to the factory outside of Las Vegas. Grab him the original space pen, get it engraved, and he’ll be able to write upside down and under water!
4. Rite in the Rain – This is all weather writing paper and hubby is obsessed with. I swear he buys it in bulk. I’m sure there are other brands out there, but this is the brand to go with, the real deal. They have tactical kits for the military man, desert color, in loose leaf, bound and spiral notebooks. This stuff is awesome.
5. Last on my list is a book. I know what you’re thinking, but I promise you it’s a really cool book. It happens to be one that was on my husband “book wish list” for quite some time. The title alone actually makes me want to read it. So if you’ve got a book guy at home, check out his bookshelf and see if he already has How to Eat Soup With a Knife: Counterinsurgency Lessons from Malaya and Vietnam. If he doesn’t, pick it up and watch him be impressed.
And if you’re looking for some pretty cool gear, you know, for that gear hungry guy, you’re sure to find something that will be of interest.
These are just a few ideas for some pretty amazing, and unique, gift ideas for the Hero in your life. Happy Father’s Day to all our Military Dads!