I’ll admit it; I’m totally addicted to Pinterest. You don’t know what Pinterest is? WHAT?! Well it’s a place where you can collect recipes, craft ideas, organizational ideas and anything else you could possibly think of. You “pin” what you want to keep and put it on different categories onto your “boards.” When you click on the picture, it takes you to the original link online. It’s brilliant and completely, totally addictive. But that’s actually a good thing in this case because I’ve found all kinds of great ideas for deployments and love gifts. People are seriously creative. I am not creative at all which makes me all the more appreciative. Honestly, I can’t even write a decent love letter…let alone create these wonderful delights I’m about to share with you!
1. 365 Love Notes Jar: This is unbelievably sweet and simple and sure to delight your loved one. They even have 365 examples already written just in case you need help coming up with that many. Put them in a jar and send to your loved one. Tell them to take one out each day of their deployment to remind them how much you love them!
2. 52 Things I Love About You (on a deck of cards!): This is a cheap, sweet idea and small enough that your Soldier could carry it with them. I’ve seen several versions of this of Pinterest. Some use markers to write on the cards and some use labels and stick them to the cards. Either way, it’s a great way to show your loved one how much you care!
3. 14 Days of Valentine’s + Free Printables: This is for Valentine’s Day but you could easily use the ideas for love gift ideas to send to your Soldier. They’re cheesy but adorable and sure to bring a smile to his or her face.
4. Quick Cookie Container: Use an empty Pringles container to send cookies so they won’t get crushed or broken. Genius!
5. Soldier Cupcakes: Unfortunately I only have a photo for these and not a recipe (but that just means you can use your favorite!) These would be great for a welcome home party!
6. Ribbon Cookie Cutter: Use to make adorable Yellow Ribbon cookies. Would be great for a welcome home party or a fundraiser.
7. Army Wreath: Show your pride while your Soldier is away by making this great Army Wreath to hang on your front door. You’ll need a Styrofoam wreath (found at any craft store), squares of fabric cut with pinking shears from your Soldier’s old Army jackets and yellow ribbon. Use a pencil to poke the fabric squares into the wreath and once it’s covered, cut a yellow ribbon and glue to the front. Easy and of course can be made for any branch.
8. Camo Manicure: Again, a creative way to show your pride. Great idea for those who have the patience to try it (or take the photo to your manicurist!)
9. Army Green Military Style 3/4 Sleeved Button Down Dress – S to 2X: How about dressing up in this beyond cute dress and sending your Soldier a photo? He’s sure to be impressed.
10. Military Stainless Steel Dogtag and Sterling Ring: A sterling silver ring with a stainless steel disc has been created from the missing part of the stainless, embossed dog tag pendant. Cute and affordable at $24.
I hope you like these ideas as much as I did. Feel free to comment below if you have questions about Pinterest or would like to offer your own ideas. I’d love to hear from you! Carry on and stay strong!!